How do I upload a pre-recorded video?
In some situations, you may need or want to submit a video that has been previously recorded. This can be useful if you want to do multiple takes and have a chance to review them all before deciding which you like best and submitting it, or if you're the Group Video organizer and someone has sent you their Video Clip directly, via email, or text, instead of directly to the Group Video.
- Use the device that has the video file stored on it.
- Visit the or Record & Upload Page of the Group Video using the Record & Upload Link.
- When presented with the option to either record or select/upload a video, choose to upload/select a video file from your device.
Uploading from a Phone
Memento App (iOS only):
Download the Memento App from iTunes!
- Click on the Record & Upload Link, this will prompt your phone to open the link using the Memento App.
- The app will automatically take you to the Record & Upload page, where you can either Join the Video immediately or set a Reminder for later.
- Once you're ready to record, select Join the Video - you'll be prompted to either Record, Upload from Photo Library, or Choose File.
- Select either Upload from Photo Library or Choose File, depending on where your video is stored on your device.
- Select the video file that you'd like to upload.
- Wait for the file to upload completely before exiting the app.
Mobile Browser (Android or iOS):
- Use the phone that has the saved video file.
- Visit the Record & Upload Page on your mobile device and scroll down to the Join The Group Video! section.
- Select “Photo Library” on iPhone or “Files” on Android.
- Select the pre-recorded video that you wish to upload
- Wait for the upload to complete successfully before closing the website
Uploading from a Computer
- Use the computer/iPad/tablet that has the video file saved.
- Visiting the Record & Upload Page using the Record & Upload Link
- You will be given the option to Record Video or Upload Video.
- To upload, simply click Upload Video and then select your video from your files. This will commence the upload process.
- To ensure that the video is received, wait for the upload to succeed and watch for the signs that your video was successfully received.