My Group Video is too long, what can I do?
The current maximum duration for a Group Video is one hour (60 min). While we think the best Group Videos often have durations of between 5 and 20 minutes, we recognize that for some very special occasions or large groups, even an hour just isn't enough!
If you have more than 60 minutes of content in your Group Video, we recommend splitting the content into multiple Group Videos, such that each one is shorter than the maximum allowable duration. For example, if your current Group Video is 80 minutes long, you should split it into two 40-minute long ones.
Splitting your Group Video into Two (or more)
To split your Video Clips across multiple Group Videos, simply create more Group Videos and move Video Clips from your big Group Video to the others. This step will require a Platinum subscription.
For example, here are the instructions for splitting your Group Videos into two:
- Create one extra Group Video for Part 2
- Download half of the clips (in terms of duration) from the original (Download an individual Video Clip)
- Upload those clips to Part 2 (How do I upload a pre-recorded video?)
- In the first Group Video (Part 1), discard all of the clips that you uploaded to Part 2; see Deleting an individual video Clip.
- Now you can create two final videos in Part 1 and Part 2 that should be less than 60 minutes.
- You will need to unlock the Part 2 Group Video - this occasion is so big, it's like two special occasions!
If you have any questions about this process, please let us know.