What is the easiest way to submit a video?
There are several ways to submit a video to a Group Video. Our new Memento App is the easiest way to record and upload your Video Clip! If you have an iPhone, you can download the app to get started and record your video in a few easy steps (here's more about how to submit a video through our app). If you do not have an iPhone, you can use a webcam-based device or mobile phone to record a video on the spot or submit a pre-recorded video.
While these are all excellent options, if you're having difficulty or not as comfortable with technology, there is one method we recommend as the simplest (and least accident-prone) way to submit a video.
This method involves submitting from your smartphone (e.g., iPhone, Android, etc.), so you must have one of those. The steps are:
- On your phone, in your camera app (outside of Memento), record your video as you usually would. Review the saved video (and potentially re-record it) until you are satisfied with how it looks and sounds.
- Next, in a browser app on your phone (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, etc.), visit the Record & Upload Link that you were sent.
- Follow these simple steps to submit the video you just recorded:
- Press the "Record or Select a Video File" button
- Select Photo Library (iPhone) or Files (Android) and then navigate to and select the video you just made.
- Stay on the page until you see confirmation that the video has successfully uploaded!
That's it. You've just added your Video Clip to the Group Video!